Effective Date: May 13, 2020
A | Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us via the Service. For example, we collect information when you use or register for our Service, access content on the Service, or request information from us.The information we collect may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information such as your first and last name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and other information that can be used to identify you individually (whether alone or in combination. You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Service, including Personal Information, but you are solely responsible for your own Personal Information in instances where we have not collected such information or requested that you submit such information to us.
In certain circumstances, we may need to transmit or display to others your Personal Information along with information pertaining to your viewing habits of video content. By using the Service, you consent to our doing so, including our use, disclosure, and other activities as described in our Video Privacy Notice and Consent.
The methods that we and our Service Providers may use to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our Service, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and store it in log files.
o Web Beacons. (“Tracking Pixels”). Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to our Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
o Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
o Location-identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software and other location-based technologies locate you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering relevant content based on your location.
o In-App Tracking Methods. There are a variety of Tracking Technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifiers, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app.
o Facial Recognition. We provide you with the option of signing in to your account using facial recognition technology. To do so, the camera on your device collects information about your facial features in different poses and light conditions. This information is stored as a long series of numbers.
We are giving you notice of the Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, as explained in Section 12 below, so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
- Facilitate, manage, personalize and improve your online experience;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, provide customer service, send you informational notices, and contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- Determine your location, authorize your access to the Service and Screener Content, monitor your use of the Service and Screener Content, and enforce the content protection and anti-piracy policies of the studios, independent filmmakers, and other individuals or entities that own, license, have intellectual property rights in, or have provided Screener Content to Vision Media for use on the Service (“Content Providers“);
- Compile research and analysis regarding your use of the Service and Screener Content and assist the Content Providers and Voting Groups in doing the same;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms and threats or harm; and
- Send you information about upcoming screenings and available Screener Content.
We may also share information about you with third parties as follows:
- To comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and except as prohibited by applicable law, in response to a government request;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of us, the Service or any third party;
- To protect the intellectual property rights of the Content Providers;
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates for their own internal business purposes;
- With Content Providers (in de-identified form) and Voting Groups for their own business purposes; and
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information that does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose.
We are not responsible for third parties or Third Party Services associated with analytics services and related tracking activities. Consult their privacy policies and notices for information on their practices. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to the online services you visit. Note there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” visit: http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
A | Tracking Technologies Generally. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies some parts of our Service may not work and that when you revisit our Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations. With respect to our mobile applications, you can stop all collection of information by uninstalling the app. Also, you may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling location identifying services, by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
B | Communications. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link or changing your communication preferences by logging onto your account. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscriptions may continue. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
Our mobile applications may send you notifications that may include alerts, sounds, and icon badges. These push notifications or in-app messages may include both operational messages and promotional messages regarding Screener Content that may be of interest to you. These can be configured in Settings. As with emails, even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional push notifications, such as those about your use of the applications or our ongoing business relations.
We may from time to time elect to share certain information about you collected by us on the Service with Voting Groups for the Voting Groups own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may request information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at email@example.com or by sending a letter to 29125 Avenue Paine | Valencia, CA 91355. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address or mail address.
29125 Avenue Paine
Valencia, California 91355